“The good folk at the Benalla Gliding Club were very professional and organised. After the initial brief registration, paperwork and safety briefing it was off to the glider. In no time we were airborne on a very exhilarating smooth flight. After release from the tow plane the only sound was the wind over the wings. The pilot was friendly and very knowledgable about the surrounds and sights. He was also very thorough in explaining how the glider stayed in the air and indeed how it could remain that way or gain altitude. As promised the landing was gentle and graceful. This is an experience for those who want a fantastic view, smooth comfortable ride and an unforgettable experience without any adrenalin or fear. I am going to organise a flight for my 80 year old mother in law. Do not hesitate, just do it. You will not regret it!” The FreemanX Team
Experience the thrill of soaring with a Trial Instructional Flight at Benalla!
- Flight duration is dependant on weather conditions; flights may need to be rescheduled under adverse weather conditions.
- Minimum flight time is usually 20 minutes with up to 40 minutes depending on soaring conditions but these times are not guaranteed.
- Aerobatics may be available on the day for an extra $30 subject to additional conditions.
- Like all aircraft, gliders are limited in the weight they can fly with. Special arrangements may not be possible for people over 100 kg.
- Our Gift Vouchers make ideal presents; they remain valid for six months from the date of purchase, so the recipient can fly at their convenience. Download a brochure.
All prices in Australian Dollars and include 10% GST. The club reserves the right to change prices without notice.
Benalla is 2 hours easy drive up the Hume freeway from Melbourne.
Get directions here on driving, flying, trains, bus, bicycles (its a bit far to walk).