The charges per flight are (2011 prices including GST):
- Launching costs are typically $35-45 per flight.
- You also pay a hire charge for the glider you are flying; this is typically $40-50 per hour.
- You don’t pay for the instructors who are all trained and accredited volunteers.
- So, a one hour flight would typically cost less than $100.
There are also some annual fixed costs:
- You need to be a member of our club (GCV) which costs $502 per year (much less if you are under 25) and gives you acess to all our facilities.
- You also need to be a member of the Gliding Federation of Australia which costs $237 per year.
We also run regualr “going for Solo” courses which cost $2,230 including one year’s GCV Flying membership.
Here is some more detailed costing information. The Club reserves the right to change prices without notice.