The charges per flight are (2016 prices including GST):
- Launching costs are typically $55-65 per flight.
- You also pay a hire charge for the glider you are flying; this is typically $40-50 per hour.
- You don’t pay for the instructors who are all trained and accredited volunteers.
- So, a one hour flight would typically cost less than $100.
There are also some annual fixed costs:
- You need to be a member of our club (GCV) which costs $560 per year (much less if you are under 25) and gives you access to all our facilities.
- You also need to be a member of the Gliding Federation of Australia which costs $270 per year.
We also run regular “A Flying Start” (highly intensive week long) introduction courses which cost $2,800.00 including one year’s GCV Flying membership.
Here is some more detailed costing information. The Club reserves the right to change prices without notice.