The committee is the management body with ultimate responsibility for the club. You can collectively email the committee or contact individuals. All ideas, comments, suggestions, gripes, feedback, etc are welcome; the more the merrier as it helps build member participation! Members are also welcome to attend Committee meetings.
Each committee member has an area of primary responsibility (their portfolio); their job is to develop plans for that area and make the plan happen, as well as ensuring problems in their area get sorted out.
|President||John Switala – John joined the club in 1994, has his silver and gold badges with two out of three diamonds, just missing the elusive height gain diamond. John co owns a Ventus BT and enjoys ridge and mountain flying, cross country in company with others and the odd competition. John owns a small business performing property valuations for local government. In his past he was a computer programmer, analyst, project manager and data warehouse developer.|
|Vice-President||Jonathan McAliece – A short description about Jonathan will be uploaded in the near future, until then you will just have to ask him yourself.|
||Robbie Burns – A short description about Robbie will be uploaded in the near future, until then you will just have to ask Robbie yourself.|
|Treasurer||Peter Carey – is a retired engineer and businessman, now part time teacher of high school mathematics. A tug pilot since 1970, he has 3,000 hours power and about 500 hours gliding experience. He started flying in 1952 and earned his Silver C in 1956 and Diamond badge in 2000. Peter has been on the Committee for 14 years.|
|Member||Zero Partos– A short description about Leo will be uploaded in the near future, until then you will just have to ask Zero yourself.|
|Member||Richard Robinson – A short description about Richard will be uploaded in the near future, until then you will just have to ask Richard yourself.|
|Member||Rob Pugh – Rob first joined GCV in the late 1970’s and is the 2015 /2016 Operations Manager. Rob is also the assistant Tugmaser and a gliding instructor.|
|Member||Rob Brown – A short description about Rob will be uploaded in the near future, until then you will just have to ask Rob yourself.|
|Member||Tim Shirley – A short description about Tim will be uploaded in the near future, until then you will just have to ask Tim yourself.|
- The Committee usually meets on the third Wednesday of each month except January.
- Meetings start at 06.30pm and are usually held at 285 Drummond Street, Carlton.
- Members are welcome to attend but please email the secretary to let them know you are coming or in case there is a change of venue.
- The chairman reserves the right to ask members to leave if an agenda item dictates; members do not have an automatic right to participate in the proceedings.
- The Annual General Meeting is normally held in November at Benalla.
- The minutes of Committee meetings are stored in the Members Only area here as well as being posted on the noticeboard at Benalla.