Benalla is a modern, thriving rural city with a population of 9,000. It is also a regional hub for many Government and private services. Thus, you will be able to find just about anything you need for your stay in Benalla. The council website contains all the up-to-date information you will need.
- Bunkhouse: our on-site bunkhouse offers affordable single and double bedrooms with shared bathrooms. Bed linen is provided, bring your own towels. Book via our office. Nightly, weekly and monthly rates.
- Aeropark: our unique Aeropark offers private caravan sites for sale, with some private rentals available. Email the Aeropark secretary for details.
- Camping is not allowed on the airport site.
- The nearest camping is the Benalla Leisure Park (1.2km, offering camping, cabins and budget motel rooms with laundry, shop, pool, etc.
Motels, Hotels, B&B
- The nearest motels are the Executive Hideaway Motel (300m) and the Glider City Motel (400m).
- Check this local motel directory for more great motels.
- Check www.lastminute.com.au or www.wotif.com.au for great “last minute” deals.
- Bed & Breakfast style accomodation is also an option; check this local B&B directory.
During the soaring season, dine in the clubhouse with a variety of nutritious, delicious and affordable meals and drinks. A great way to find out who did what flights and how they did it. Alternatively, the main street of Benalla is within walking distance of the club and contains a good choice of take-away food, bistros, cafes, pubs and restaurants.
The council website at www.benalla.vic.gov.au has a list of emergency and utility services at the website menu item and local business directory at the “directory” menu item.
- The Benalla Visitor information Centre is Situated in Mair Street and open from 9am to 5pm daily. For more information, telephone (03) 5762 1749.
- Check Benalla Online for a full list of what’s on in Benalla.