Looking for Accommodation during the World Championships?
Please contact Jane and she will be able to assist you further.
Benalla is a regional city with a population of 13,300. It is also a regional hub for many Government and private services. Thus, you will be able to find just about anything you need for your stay in Benalla.
- Bunkhouse: our on-site bunkhouse offers affordable single and double bedrooms with shared bathrooms.
Book via our office. Nightly, weekly and monthly rates. Note: You need to provide your own Bed Linen (Sheets, Blankets, Pillows, Towels etc) unless you are an overseas visitor.
- Aeropark: our unique Aeropark offers private caravan sites for sale, with some private rentals available. Email the Aeropark Secretary for details.
- Camping is not allowed on the airport site.
- The nearest camping is the Benalla Leisure Park (1.2km, offering camping, cabins and budget motel rooms with laundry, shop, pool, etc.
Motels, Hotels, B&B
- The nearest motels are the Executive Hideaway Motel (300m) and the Glider City Motel (400m), Avondel Motel (3km)
- Just a short 20Min drive away Swanpool Creek Bed & Breakfast
- Check this local motel directory for more great motels.
- Check www.lastminute.com.au or www.wotif.com.au for great “last minute” deals.
- Bed & Breakfast style accommodation is also an option; check this local B&B directory.
- Rushton Cottage is a house in walking distance to the CBD www.stayz.com.au/80948
- Rotherlea Lodge only a 10Min drive, http://www.rotherlealodge.com/
During the soaring season, dine in the clubhouse with a variety of nutritious, delicious and affordable meals and drinks. A great way to find out who did what flights and how they did it. Alternatively, the main street of Benalla is within walking distance of the club and contains a good choice of take-away food, bistros, cafes, pubs and restaurants.
The council website at www.benalla.vic.gov.au has a list of emergency and utility services at the website menu item and local business directory at the “directory” menu item.
- The Benalla Visitor information Centre is Situated in Mair Street and open from 9am to 5pm daily. For more information, telephone (03) 5762 1749.