We welcome private owners. If you wish to fly your own aircraft with GCV, you need to be able to demonstrate that you meet these requirements:
- Currency: 3 aerotow takeoffs and landings in the last 90 days.
- Insurance: comprehensive third party and public liability coverage of at least A$5 million.
- Certificate of airworthiness: must be current for the duration of your expected stay.
- Trailer registration certificate (download Victorian glider trailer limits PDF).
Although not compulsory just yet, we strongly believe you should follow these recommendations:
- FLARM: all the club gliders and tugs are fitted and many private aircraft also have them. So, improve your own safety in the air and help others stay safer.
- SPOT trackers: we track online all aircraft registered with us for improved safety and greater awareness of where everyone is. This live map will show you who is where right now!