The Club's operation is governed by its Purposes and Rules, this document sets out GCV's purposes, lists the rights and responsibilities of members and office holders, acts as a contract between the GCV and guides the committee in its decisions and operation.
- The Committee runs the club on behalf of the members.
- It meets monthly. Your Committee for 2022/23 is:
- Matt Woodhouse (President).
- Tim Shirley (Vice President).
- Mark Goodley (Secretary).
- Tom Spiesser (Treasurer).
- Neil Campbell.
- Terry Cubley.
- Roger Kreuger.
- Jeremy Skuse.
- Daniel Summers.
- The Training Panel includes the Chief Flying Instructor, Tugmaster and all current instructors and tow pilots.
- The Tugmaster is responsible to the CFI for the safe, effective and efficient provision of towing.
- Tugmaster is Roger Kreuger.
- The Chief Flying Instructor is responsible for the safe, effective and efficient operation of all flying activities.
- The position is responsible to Gliding Australia for all operational matters and for ensuring that the Club’s safety,operational and training standards are conducted in accordance with Gliding Australia requirements.
- CFI is Kirk Amos.
- GCV employs an Office Manager who can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 03 5762 1058 during office hours.
- Gliding Australia administers gliding in Australia by delegation of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) who administer aviation in Australia. GCV members sit on various Gliding Australia panels.
- The Victorian Soaring Association (VSA) represents the interests of all Victorian and Tasmanian gliding clubs. VSA contributes two delegates who sit on the Board of Gliding Australia.